Spring Vegetable Penne with Lemon-Cream Sauce
Try this Spring Vegetable Penne with Lemon-Cream Sauce from CookingLight.com! Looks delicious! If you try it, let us know how it comes out on our Facebook page!
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1 (4-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas
- 3 Tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked penne
- 1 pound (1-inch) diagonally cut asparagus
- Hear a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion and mushrooms; saute 5 minutes or until tender. Add thyme and garlic; saute 1 minute. Sprinkle mushroom mixture evenly with flour; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in broth and half-and-half; cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add peas; 2 tablespoons cheese, rind, and next 3 ingredients (through pepper); cook 1 minute or until peas are thoroughly heated.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. During the last 3 minutes of cooking, add asparagus to pan; drain. Add pasta mixture to mushroom mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon of cheese.