You’re Almost Done!
Thank you for scheduling your new patient exam with Bernstein Orthodontics.
Make exam day as quick and simple as possible by taking a few minutes to complete these crucial items before coming in:
1. Create Your Patient Portal Login
- You’ll get an email from Orthominds with a link*
- Follow that link to create your login to the Orthominds Patient Portal
- Use this portal to access your treatment plan, progress records, appointment history and make payments
- Your Username: the email address you used to create the appointment
- Default Password: Smiles01
2. Update Your Info & Fill Out Your New Patient Intake Forms
Make sure you give us all of your necessary information and documents on your forms before your exam:
- Complete your Patient Exam form using your full legal first and last name
- Complete your Health History form
- Provide your insurance information
- (i.e., the name of the insurance company name and phone number, social security number, ID number from your insurance card, employer, Group Name or Number)
3. Important Details
- Please provide us with all necessary insurance information.
- This is very important so we can provide you with the best price quote for your treatment!
- Make sure you‘re up to date with your last dental cleaning.
- If you're last dental cleaning was within the last six months, you’re good to go!
- If you have one coming up, just let us know, but if your last cleaning was more than six months ago or you do not have a dental home, call our offices before you appointment and we’ll help you find a dental home!
- Clear your schedule, and be prepared to start braces on the same day!
- Your records, exam, and consult with your doctor will take about 45 - 60 minutes.
PaymentsWe accept payments in the form of:
- Credit card
- Debit card
InsuranceWe work with most PPO insurance plans and these insurance companies:
- ADDP Dental Network
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Concordia Advantage
- DeCare Dental
- Delta Dental - Premier/ PPO
- First Dental Health
- Guardian DentaGuard Network
- Metlife PDP
- PPO Blue Shield of CA FEP
- ParNet Advantage
- Principal Dental PPO Network
- United Concordia
- United Healthcare
- Only cases deemed “medically necessary” by the state are covered.
- Check out examples of the types of cases the state will approve here.
- In order to qualify, patients must score a 26 on the point system.
- Our doctors will complete the assignment and provide a score at the consultation.
- However, only the state is able to make the final determination and decision of approval.
- If the score is high enough, we take molds and send them to the state for approval/denial.
- This can take three weeks to three months.
- The patient must be under the age of 21 with no remaining baby teeth.
- A guardian must accompany the patient to the consult and bring their ID & Denti-Cal card.
Still Need More Help Scheduling?
If you have additional questions about any of the above or have problems accessing the patient portal, please do not hesitate to contact our office, and a member of our team will be happy to help.
Welcome to the Bernstein Orthodontics family, we look forward to helping you start your journey to a healthier, more confident smile!