Our objective is to make sure your visits with us will be pleasant and informative. Your initial appointment will consist of an examination and digital diagnostic photographs which aid the discussion of potential treatment options. This important visit will address the orthodontic needs of you or your child. You will also receive information regarding the timing and length of treatment as well as cost breakdown and payment options.
Please bring this information with you at the time of your first visit:
- Any x-rays (if applicable)
- A list of medications you are presently taking
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- Completed online or printed patient registration forms. Find them online here!
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.)
Watch the Video Below to Learn More!
WHAT TO EXPECT
1. You’ll meet the team
2. We’ll complete digital records including radiographs for diagnosis
3. You’ll get a thorough examination by an orthodontist
4. Individual treatment options for best results will be presented
5. An estimated length of treatment will be presented
6. Our treatment coordinator will present financial options
7. For your convenience — since you’re already here — often we can start treatment RIGHT THEN AND THERE!
Diagnostic Records & Treatment Planning
If it is determined that treatment is indicated, you will be scheduled to start treatment as long as there is no outstanding dental treatment needed. Before placing braces, orthodontic records are required in order to confirm the proposed treatment plan discussed during the exam. These consist of digital study models and digital orthodontic x-rays. For your convenience, all records are taken at our office thus eliminating the need to go to an outside laboratory. We use the very latest digital x-ray equipment that greatly reduced radiation exposure levels.
Periodic visits are an important part of orthodontic treatment. Using the latest in self-ligating braces we are able to cut down the number of visits to our office during your treatment. This results in less missed school and more convenient treatment. Generally, we will want to see you every 8-12 weeks to check your progress and make adjustments to your braces. During this time, you will need to keep appointments, follow instructions, eat nutritiously and practice good oral hygiene. Also continue to visit your dentist regularly.